In this article you will learn:
- What are abandoned carts?
- Where can I see all abandoned carts?
- How do I send an automated message to customers that abandoned their shopping carts?
What are abandoned carts?
If your customer adds items to the shopping cart and goes through the order finalization process, enters an email address, but for some reason does not finish the order, then a so-called abandoned shopping cart is created. On the Advanced plan, you have access to abandoned carts, which you can recover, for example, by sending a reminder message to the buyer.
Where can I see all abandoned carts?
Abandoned carts can be found in your Shoplo dashboard. Go to the ‘Orders’ tab > Click on ‘Abandoned carts’.
Here you will see a list of all abandoned carts, whether or not an email has been sent to them, and whether the shopping cart has been recovered.
How do I send an automated message to customers that abandoned their shopping carts?
In your dashboard, you can set an automatic message that will be sent after 6 or 24 hours to each person who has an abandoned their cart. In this message, customers will see a link which will direct them to the process of finalizing the order.
The automated message will not be sent in the following cases:
- If the customer returns to the shopping cart and finalizes the purchase (before the email was sent).
- If the products added by the customer are no longer available.
- If the customer has several abandoned carts (in this case only one mail will be sent)
To create a message, go to ‘Settings’ > Email Templates> Click on ‘+Email Template’ and link the message with the ‘Abandoned cart’ action. Learn more about email templates.