Go to Products > Click on the three dots > Select ‘Import products from CSV’.
Steps when importing products:
- Preparing and uploading your CSV file
- How does the product import work – what to keep in mind when updating product data?
- Matching the right columns (mapping)
Preparing and uploading your CSV file
Click on ‘Upload a file’.
The file should be prepared as follows:
- Use UTF-8 encoding
- Use a comma (,) as s field separator
- Use quotation marks (“) as a text separator
Use the text separator (“) to register a category and add the following categories after a comma.
(…), “Men, Women, accessories, extras”, (…)
Subcategories are added using the “>” sign.
“Men> Shirts> Long Sleeve”, (…)
Example (Men’s Shirt):
Belongs to the categories:
- Men> Shirt
- Special products
Let’s assume that there are only two columns in the CSV file: title and category
The file will look like this:
Men’s shirt, “Men > Shirt, Special product”
What to keep in mind when updating product data?
If you use the import from a CSV file to update product data on your store, there are a few things to keep in mind:
Don’t change URLs
During the import, products are “recognized” by the URL address. Remember to always map this column and do not change the URLs in the CSV file.
If you want to change the URL, do it from the store’s panel. For the next import, make sure that the CSV file has a new URL. Otherwise, the product will be added again.
Update of variants and parameters
Just as products are recognized by the URL, the same way product variants are recognized by Stock Keeping Unit (SKU). This means that you can not update SKUs before the import.
If you change the SKU, the current variant will be removed and a new one will be added.
Select the appropriate checkbox if you want to update the data
If you want to update, for example, stock levels or product price by importing a new CSV file, select “Overwrite the existing products which have the same variables”.
Matching the right columns (mapping)
Match your CSV file columns to the columns from Shoplo. Remember to tick all the columns that you need.
Depending on the number of products, the import can take several minutes.
What if the CSV file doesn’t import?
If the file doesn’t import your products properly, it might mean a few things:
- The file is saved in the wrong format
- Several products have the same SKU
- There are empty fields in the SKU column
- Something is really not working well – Please write to us and we will help you.
- Etsy CSV files may have problems. If you’re trying to import an Etsy CSV, please contact us.