Go to Products > Click on the three dots > Import products from CSV.
Steps when importing products:
- Preparing and uploading your CSV file
- Columns available in the file
- Matching the right columns (mapping)
- Product update
- What changes can be made with the .csv file?
Preparing and uploading your CSV file
Click on Upload a file.
The file should be prepared as follows:
- Use UTF-8 encoding
- Use a semi-colon (;) as s field separator
- Use quotation marks (“) as a text separator
When you use Libre Office to open the file, apply the following settings:
When using Open Office apply the following settings::
After uploading the correct file, click the Confirm button. If you upload a file in a different format, the Confirm button will still be grayed out. In addition, the uploaded file may not exceed 10,000 lines.
Columns available in the file
A detailed description of the available columns in the .csv file with products can be found in this article.
Matching the right columns (mapping)
Match your CSV file columns to the columns from Shoplo. Remember to tick all the columns that you need.
Select the appropriate value from the list for the selected column. For example, if you check the product name column, match “Title” to that column. If you use a file exported from Shoplo, all columns will be automatically matched and selected. Columns that you do not want to take into account when importing products should be marked out.
After matching the columns, click Import. Depending on the number of products, the import can take several minutes.
To properly update products:
- Select the checkbox “Update existing products“
Leaving this box cleared, you will only upload new products that are not yet in the store. Other changes will be ignored.
- Don’t change URLs
During the import, products are “recognized” by the URL address. Remember to always map this column and do not change the URLs in the CSV file.
If you want to change the URL, do it from the store’s panel. For the next import, make sure that the CSV file has a new URL. Otherwise, the product will be added again.
- Don’t change SKU
Just as the URL recognizes products, the same way product variants are identified by Stock Keeping Unit (SKU). This means that you cannot update SKUs before the import.
If you change the SKU, the current variant will be removed, and a new one will be added.
- Update of variants and parameters
When updating products, remember that you must have mapped columns Variant UUID and Variant SKU (description of that columns)
- Data update
When updating products, select the appropriate columns:
- all parameters (Variant UUID and Variant SKU)
- additionally, select the ones you want to update as the price or inventory
If you are not adding or updating photos, don’t map these columns.
Changes and removal of variants
By updating data by CSV import, you can delete selected variants. Simply remove them from the CSV file in the selected product and then import the data file.
What changes can be made with the .csv file?
- Products SKU,
- Title columns, however, remember that all variants should be assigned the same Title or Title should be empty (it must be completed only in the first line of a given product), otherwise the system will treat the variants as two different products,
- Parameters, notice that only the value (parameter name) from the first product line is taken into account.
- Product images. Notice, that if you have products with photos in only one store, you will export them and then remove the products, the images will be deleted from the server. Products imported again will not have photos despite the URLs in the file. The solution is: adding photos on external hosting sites or adding them in the Shoplo panel, in the Settings> Files tab.
If import errors occur, you can:
- Cancel import and make appropriate changes to the file,
- Change the column mapping,
- Import those products that do not contain errors. However, if the error occurred in a multi-variant product, in at least one line (and thus one variant), this results in rejection of the entire product, not just this one variant.
What if the CSV file doesn’t import?
If the file doesn’t import your products correctly, it might mean a few things:
- The file is saved in the wrong format
- Several products have the same SKU
- There are empty fields in the SKU column
- A duplicate variant parameter has appeared,
- Variant name of the parameter or its value is missing,
- There is a duplicate URL on different products,
- The product URL is incorrect, e.g. it contains incorrect characters,
- Something is not working well – Please write to us and we will help you.