In Shoplo you can manage the inventory level of all your products.
In this article you will learn:
- How to enable inventory level tracking for a product
- Can I sell products when it’s out of stock?
- Can I automatically hide products that are out of stock?
- How can I change the stock of products/variants?
How to enable stock level tracking for a product?
When adding a new product, choose if Shoplo should toggle inventory level tracking for this product.
For existing products:
Go to ‘Products’> Select a product> Click ‘Edit’ on the Variants section
Then click on the small pencil, to edit the existing variant and select ‘Toggle inventory level tracking for this product’.
If the product has more variants, then you can select this option for each variant individually.
Can I sell products when out of stock?
Yes, if you check the “Allow users to purchase this item when out of stock” option. This option is available when you are tracking stock level for a product.
If you don’t select this option, the system will automatically block the possibility to sell a product when its stock is zero.
You can change this setting simultaneously for many products via a CSV file:
- Export the product file – Learn here how to do it
- Open the file with Google Sheets or Open Office (UTF-8 encoding, field separator – comma (,), text separator – quotation marks (“))
- Edit the column buy if empty (0 – will not allow customers to buy, 1 – will allow customers to buy)
- Import the file to the store. When importing, map only columns: URL, SKU, all parameters and the column buy if empty
Can I automatically hide products that are out of stock?
Yes. To do this, go to ‘Settings’ > Product > Make sure the option ‘Display products when stock level reaches 0’ is not selected.
How can I change the stock of products/variants?
There are two ways to change your stock:
If you want to make a change in bulk, go to the product list and select the products that you want to change the stock of. You can also select individual variants.
Select “change stock” from the menu at the bottom of the list.
By entering an exact number, you will replace the current stock with that quantity. If you want to add eg. 1 item to the current stock, type: “+1”.
Go to ‘Products’> Select a product > On the Variants section, click on ‘Edit’ > Edit variant.
or ‘Products’> Select a product >On the Variants section, click on ‘Edit’ > ‘Quick Edit’.
Change stock level and click on ‘Save changes’.